Old November 26th 16, 11:03 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Tim[_18_]

Default Writing to 2 new PNY 64 GB Turbo USB 3.0 flash drives get very slow & pause?

I would try "Optimize for Quick Removal" and re-test.
I have no idea whether that would help. That might
take the system write cache out of the path.

The small town I used to live in was apparently at or near the end of a
power distribution leg, since we usually had three or four outages every
summer. That is the reason I bought my UPS. Anyway, back to the topic.
After those crashes I found a lot of files fubared. Being the paranoid IT
geek that I am, after that I went to ALL my data storage devices and turned
off the speed setting that used system memory as an extra write buffer
{which is what Quick Removal does for USB drives}. I can't say for certain
that that is what caused the corruption, but once I discovered that ALL my
drives had default settings for speed rathar than reliability, I changed
them. Since nothing I do on my computer is speed of storage dependent, it
hasn't made a difference to my system performance, but I sleep better at
night.