Old April 20th 09, 03:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_2_]

Default Corrupted vertical mouse cursors once in a while...

OK, it seems to only happen if I have dual clone mode going (19" LCD
monitor + 13 years old 20" CRT TV). If I have corruptions and go back
to single mode, then the corruption stays. I have to get rid of it
during dual clone setup.

On Mar 22, 3:10 pm, Ant wrote:
Hello!

Ever since I got my MSI R4870-T2D512 OC Radeon HD 4870 512 MB video card
(starting with Catalyst driver v8.12 and using v9.2 today [haven't tried
v9.3 yet]) and other major computer hardware upgrades in the end of
December 2008, I noticed once in a while and rarely randomly, my mouse
cursor getscorrupted. Instead of an arrow, it looks like a vertical
patterned (e.g., eight left right black triangles in a vertical thick
line). Moving the cursor to parts of my screen to change icon does show
other weird vertical patterned and sometimes animated bars (e.g., placed
over a resizing window area). I tried going back to the default Windows
XP Pro. SP3's cursors through its control panel's mouse options, but the
cursors vanished so I had to use my keyboard to change them to something
else to get something.

Most of the times, this problem goes away by itself by doing stuff in
Windows or from rebooting but not today (first time). I think thecorruptedmouse cursor came up overnight as I was asleep, then I have
not seen thecorruptedcursors go away since then (seven hours). I might
have to reboot to fix it.

I tried to take screen captures of it, including thecorruptedmouse
cursors, with IrfanView but the cursors come up fine! Now, that is
weird. I also tried using DVI and VGA connections, and made no
differences. I don't have a digital camera (will borrow one if needed
later on) to screen capture and upload.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? My detailed
computer specifications can be found hehttp://alpha.zimage.com/~ant/antfarm.../computers.txt
(primary/Windows machine). Thank you in advance.