Old February 6th 05, 02:56 AM
Yura Pismerov

Andrew wrote:
have you got any experiences with LaCie hard drive?

There is no such thing as LaCie hard drive
What LaCie does is enclosures where they put (mostly) Maxtor drives.
If you mean the quality of the enclosures I say they are decent, but I'd not consider anything but D2 series.
I saw and (dealt with) their another line - Porsche and I was not impressed - the drives overheat too easy because
there is not much metal in the cases. The D2 look and feel very solid and don't require extra cooling since the cases
are massive and act as heatsink.

I would like to buy one (LaCie 300728ek 250 GB Hard Drive LaCie 300728ek 250
GB Hard Drive)