Old January 20th 04, 01:36 PM
Kevin Lawton

Karolus des Reyches197 wrote:
| I thank you for the fine feedback. I needed just that. I was leaning
| first to INTEL, then AMD 3000, but reading above I am now almost
| certain to go to AMD 2400, 1 GB of PC 2400 RAM and see how that is
| with the existing Graphics card. You are right. The price drop is
| tremendous this way. Almost half.

You're welcome.
Suggest you go for a good quality m/board and the fastest memory it will
take.
There is no need to worry about running memory at the same speed as the
processor FSB on modern m/boards - they can handle the difference without
introducing wait states.
Kevin.

| Thanks
|
| Karl
| "Kevin Lawton" wrote in message
|| Karolus des Reyches197 wrote:
|| | Thanks a lot for the fine explanation.
|| |
|| | I presently have the AMD 1100, 512 MB SDRAM, two 80 GHZ drives (1
|| | internal, 1 external) CD reader, CD writer,Cardreader.
|| |
|| | Windows XP, word, OE, and various programs to process digital
|| photos | and movies (the latter in the very beginning stages).
|| |
|| | I have a Radeon 5000 card (18 months old) and would need to
|| upgrade | that too.
|| |
|| | Most of my time is spent in
|| |
|| | E-mails
|| | Newsgroups-computers and computer related
|| | Stocks and analysis
|| | Word
|| | Doing newsletters for voluntary org..
|| | Excel
|| | Image photo processing
|| | and editing, printing of final photos.
|| |
|| | That is not all but quickly comes to my mind.
|| |
|| | NOW, what is it you recommend?
|| |