Old September 22nd 17, 12:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Automatic wire strippers!

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 07:52:07 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

After a few uses... Not disappointed. Perhaps it is the
perfectionist in me, but I feel relieved to have no more
broken strands of wire, besides being such an easy wire
stripping operation. I do little wire stripping, but every
time will be a treat from now on.

Any young person who strips wires even occasionally would be
an IDIOT for not buying the tool.

Jewelry will cure that. (I've half-a-dozen pieces, where I took
sapphires and rubies, polished and cut but unmounted stones, and had
goldsmiths cast them from my own design drawings for the actual
rings.)

Just finished with a 10-year-old Casio watch, a Solar Atomic Wave
Ceptor model equipped a resin band. The band buckles together, which
I've grown to detest.

The band uses watch-body resin holes for securement, within the middle
of the pins: a feat Casio performed with , additionally, two tiny ] [
brackets supplants, to clasp as mounts, into the resin band, the two
pins, normally supplied on conventional watch bodies as end-pin
extremities.

Buying the resin model band model thus was a mistake. A metal Casio
band, a dubitable endeavor at best to procure, costs $70 for this type
of watch;- a metal-equipped band on the same model, but for entire new
watch, and band, runs $90 - $120 (basic Wave Ceptors);...whereas the
original plastic resin replacement is $12 on Fleabay.

I instead took a 25-year-old Speidel metal watch band, which twists at
more extreme angles, more than other watch band, along with solid
copper from indoor telephone wire, and mated the two.

Of course jewelry involves soldering, fine jewelry, except if the
jeweler turns down the job, should iron meet resin and the resin melt.

Five pairs of pliers and three or four attempts (once with waxed
leather threading) to get it right. Not that watches, jewelry, or
stripping wire (I used a razor) are so critical. It's a bit like
shoes for that matter. One out of fifty, a hundred people might
notice you wear anything less than red sneakers, or a thin copper wire
wrapped into your black watch band.

Functionally, though, the Speidel is almost as perfect as heavy metal,
Casio clasp bands, which I also like a lot for everyday convenience.