Old June 6th 15, 04:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Anyone ever fix a bad motherboard?

On Fri, 05 Jun 2015 03:21:34 -0400, Al Drake
wrote:

The new systems I use at work still use Windows XP to run their
software. If we were to purchase one tomorrow that wouldn't have changed.
http://www.southwesternindustries.com/

At work, there was a dedicated system, which I didn't screw with,
mostly. Not really all that good, either, as the police, when they
did have an incident and I offered to help couldn't get enough of what
they needed and didn't think much of the system.

I think there will be many of those old boards around if not on E-Bay
alone. I haven't looked within the past dew years but before I retired
my older XP boxes I installed new boards and CPUs/RAM.

You're bolder than I if you'll buy a MB off Ebay. Ebay's ok for
memory, CPU/coolers, although I only do new MBs (they're weird, too,
and have to be careful they're not being sold for new from storage of
extremely old stock).

That's exactly my problem. I am out of the house from 4 AM to 5 PM
every day and just don't seem to have the time to do more of what I
want. I have 3 ole ladies to support so I'll be in that salt mine for
some time to come.

They told me I didn't have to go, but I couldn't see a further
financial need or point for continuing to work anywhere unless there's
some sort of moral/personal value to committing myself. I'm only
accountable for my own needs. Though others might recognize them for
withal an end, there's a likelihood they wouldn't subscribe to them.
Last year a woman I provided for on occasion basically couldn't take
it, even though she wanted to stay.

It's even easier than that. Just stick a card ina slot and you're on
your way.

http://www.bigsecurity.com/geovision...FYaRHwodnWYAcA

Looks good.

Are you sure she didn't see you first and had her stash in that
stroller, maybe that's where she kept the rest of her wardrobe.

Next time she strolled by, during the day, her accompanying husband
was looking at tools behind where I was seated in accustomed filthy
clothes in front of the garage. I waved. Believe she was looking
straight ahead.

You might be surprised at what some of the night vision cameras can
do. I have one called a license plate camera and can see mice running
around being chased by a cat on a hill beyond my land. While most
cameras do have IR lighting I have lamps that illuminates the areas on
all sides.

http://www.directron.com/ltir200r.html?pgrab=1

Knew somebody who had them installed on his car for catching all
angles after expressing a sense of being railroaded by a judge from an
accident he'd contested but lost. Police in general, he said,
absolutely hated the idea, upon seeing what he'd done and often would
become aggressive for no other apparent reason than that he'd taken
himself accountable for direct and impartially recording his driving
habits. Funny how that works with an means available now for a
nickel/dime cost in a pervasive industry of security recorders. I'd
think people, to further add a dimension of the "black box" video
recorder gear, much like mandated on not only a VIP jet, some with
extravagant and prohibitively expensively landbound vehicles, would
saddle up right off to such a notion, like cotton candy is to the
traveling carnival's ambient appeal.