Old August 31st 18, 06:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default idle curiosity - why internal HD rather than external HD

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 09:46:40 -0400, Larc
wrote:

But who wants to sit wearing uncomfortable goggles for hours? This is one of those
things that may look better on paper than in actual practice for extended periods.
Plus it disables part of your alert system for other things that might happen around
you. Goggle viewing may work better for certain applications such as games, but I'll
keep my monitor for general usage.

Same reason I seldom use two pairs, one of which replaced broken
Grados, of fairly good audio headphones. Although not as a rule
recommended, what I like from them, I EQ- and process-in for decent
speakers cabinets. Good headphones go a long way up against all the
best of very expensive speakers, and it took me a long time to get
situated, comfortable with sale prices on studio reference monitors I
did eventually find. Other than that, I wouldn't, given the choice,
want anything balanced or wrapped around my head.