Old September 30th 08, 03:12 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Chris[_15_]

Default lost drive C associations

rick wrote:
Earlier this year I formatted and rewrote win xp but for some reason the
main and only internal drive was assigned as C: (F which some software
on cd would not recognize and I never could find a good way resolve it.
I recently did a fdisk on the mbr and ended up having to a xp repair
which eliminated f and left c as the main drive but now I can't open any
programs etc as if most all software associations are lost to the main
drive, does anyone have a recommendation on getting everything to
recognize c as the main drive?

Rick

Try a "repair install" (Google)