Old September 17th 08, 02:24 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
rick

Default lost drive C associations

Earlier this year I formatted and rewrote win xp but for some reason the
main and only internal drive was assigned as C: (F which some software on
cd would not recognize and I never could find a good way resolve it.
I recently did a fdisk on the mbr and ended up having to a xp repair which
eliminated f and left c as the main drive but now I can't open any programs
etc as if most all software associations are lost to the main drive, does
anyone have a recommendation on getting everything to recognize c as the
main drive?

Rick