Old August 27th 07, 05:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
cpliu

Default CMOS setting reset itself after cold boot

This P4/Asus P4P800 DELUXE system works fine for a while. It's my
secondary system so I don't use it often. Lately it has the following
message when booting cold:

CMOS setting wrong
CMOS Date/Time nto set
New CPU installed. Please enter setup to configure your system.
Press F1 to run setup.
Press F2 to load default values and continue.

The date would become January 1 2002. I have to set the time. After
reboot, it remembers the setting and the message does not show up. If
I turn it off for a while, then it always reset itself.

What is the cause of this problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks for the information.

liu