Old November 3rd 03, 01:27 AM
Shepİ

On 1 Nov 2003 17:01:57 -0800, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs (Bill)
wrote :

Hello all,

I'm planning on a new AMD system on a tight budget. I'm not a gamer
only play Quake 2 and SimCity every now and then, do some development
with Visual Studio .Net, watch TV on the PC and plan on recording lot
of my favorite TV programs. And maybe overclock the CPU somewhat,
since the K7VM4 have greate overclocking features on it.

By the way if anyone have experience overclocking their AMD CPU on the
K7VM4 motherboard, what's the maximum overclocking for your setup and
still remain stable?

Appricate any comment or other recommendations in similar price range.
All prices in Canadian.

-AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton ($83)
-AsRock K7VM4 micro ATX (VIA KM400 chipset, on-board video chip, LAN,
sound, 3 PCI, and 1 AGP 8X) ($80)
-Single Infineon brand 512MB 333Mhz/PC2700 DDR RAM ($74)
-Lite-on 48X CDRW/16X DVD ROM combo ($74)
-Maxtor 120GB HD, ATA-133, 8MB cache, 7200RPM (existing)
-Winfast TV 2000XP Deluxe (existing)
-Floppy Drive ($15)
-Generic 300Watts mid-tower Case with extra case fan ($45)

Total: $426 including taxes

My concern is that since I'll like to do a lot of video captureing

Put lots of RAM in.That's it

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de