Old July 8th 03, 05:11 AM
Ugly

On 03 May 2003 05:07:51 GMT, DEJ57 babbled on about Compaq FAQ proclaiming:

Unfortunately, many older Presarios ( Pre-1996) have an 8GB hard drive
size limit in BIOS.

The 4112 I bought in mid-1996 had the limit. Might want to change that to
"(Pre-1997)...not trying to be picky, just a little more precise perhaps...

So THAT'S why the 80 gig hard drive I bought only showed me 8 gigs. I wanted a 90%
discount from the store claiming they ****ed me around for a lemon of a hard drive
(Western Digital). I should have known it was Compaq's doing. My ****ario was a mid-1996
model even though I bought it in mid-1997.

As a result I returned it to the store and ended up stuck with this old Bigfoot CY bugger
of a hard drive that came with the Compaq.