Old July 8th 03, 05:04 AM
Ugly

On Mon, 19 May 2003 21:37:01 GMT, HH babbled on about Compaq FAQ proclaiming:

Q) How do I enter the BIOS on my Presario?
A) Normally, hitting F10 at the Compaq logo (cursor to upper right corner)
at bootup. If this does not work, it means you have an earlier model, 1996
or earlier, that retains Setup info on a small non-DOS partition at the
front of the hard drive, not in ROM, and this partition is damaged or
missing. Most Commercial desktops/notebooks (DeskPros, Prolineas,
Armadas/Elites, etc.) also have this partition. If this is the case, go
he

Thanks for reminding me. Now that my hard drive is in the "new" computer instead of the
dead Compaq, I should install Partition Magic and delete the Compaq "BIOS" partition.
What is it? 6 megs? Whatever. But it's still taking up space.