Old August 11th 04, 05:13 PM
Fred

Default PS/2 mouse problems

Hello!

I have a laptop (Compaq Armada 7400) P2 300 Mhz (pretty old I know)
with Windows 98.

I recently bought a cordless optical USB mouse. Since I only have 1
USB port and other USB devices (that I use only from time to time: CD
burner and digital camera) I sometime need my "old" PS/2 mouse.
Installing my new USB mouse DID NOT create any problems and if needed
I could install that PS/2 mouse just fine.

Untill 3-4 days ago...

I realise that my PS/2 mouse worked bizarely. The curser moves just
fine. But the buttons don't work! Or more precisely, sometimes the
right button work and sometimes it doesn't (the left just doesn't work
at all). And this all my mouses (the old PS/2, the new USB (that I
install in the PS/2 port with an adapter) and the "mouse" integrated
in the laptop).

Also sometimes, the curser just moves!!! And when I write a text it
sometimes just change line. It happened 5 times by just writing this
message. It is probably the PS/2 problem that has effect even when I
use the USB mouse. I think the integrated laptop mouse is PS/2?

I did reinstall the drivers (just in case) but the drivers are just
like they were before and there is no problem that I can see in the
System Panel.

USB mouse: Microsoft Blue mouse
PS/2 mouse: standard Labtec

Is there any one who can see where the problem is? Is it PS/2 driver
related? PS/2 port? Laptop integrated mouse? other?

Thanks,
Fred.