Old April 5th 17, 08:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Default HP P1505 paper pickup problem.

pedro wrote:
On Sun, 02 Apr 2017 17:38:04 -0500, Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz wrote:

pedro wrote:
All of a sudden, our trusty P1505N has started picking up 2 or 3
sheets each time. I'm familiar (from years back) with the paper
separator pad issue on HP 5L lasers, but haven't started a physical
inspection on the 1505. Any pointers?

All printers can suffer from this, especially laser printers. The 5L was not
the only one by any means, they just failed earlier than most others.
This printer allows the easy replacement of the pick up roller and separation
pad,
see http://www.lbrty.com/tech/Manuals_HP/P1500sm.pdf for the service manual.
Pages 16 to 21.
You will need to order the parts.
As a general guide whenever the separation pad is replaced it is sound
practice
to replace the pick up roller. The reverse is also true.
The pick up roller will fail to feed properly when it wears, but feeding too
many sheets is always the separation pad.
Good luck
Tony

Thanks Tony. I'll follow that up.

Now if only the 5L (/6L?) separation pads would fit - I have a stack
of those kits sitting here that I can't even give away.

Sorry they are very different. The later printers have improved pads and in
many cases easier to replace.
Tony