Old March 10th 04, 10:10 AM
Bronney Hui

First, go into your bios and choose to boot from your current HDD. Go on
the net and grab the firmware, or the version before the one you failed.

There're 2 things you can try booting up that baby:

1. Boot from a USB flash drive, if your mobo supports it. Copy the firmware
and flash util to this usb drive and boot it and flash it back.

OR

2. install a floppy and do the same thing.

I know how it'd feel like cuz my box don't have a floppy either :P

-bron

"chuck clark" ???
???...
ok well it didn't read dvd-r's so i needed to update the firmware
to give it this ablity.

Brad wrote:

that will teach ya` this computer term.....
if it ain`t broke , don`t fix it....

"chuck clark" wrote in message

Hi,
Ok, i just did the dumbest thing i could possibly do updating the
firmware on
this dvd-rom. First off it is a pioneer 500m. I have no floppy drive
on this
box so I burned a dos bootable cd and put it in the pioneer drive and
rebooted. I put the firmware update on the bootable cd also.

So when i booted to dos, i ran the firmware update. It deleted the

old
firmware fine, and then just froze, since then it could not read the
cd in the drive, since no firmware. So right now I have a dvd drive

that

has no firmware and I can not boot with it installed on my machine. If

try, the light stays on on the drive and the machine hangs 'detecting
IDE devices..'

I am not able to get into my bios set up or anything. I have no idea
how to
fix this. Any ideas?

chuck