Old January 12th 20, 08:08 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Mark Perkins

Default IS this the normal shut down sound a Seagate Barracuda HD makes

On Sat, 11 Jan 2020 22:52:34 -0800 (PST), Sam
wrote:

On Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 2:26:35 PM UTC-8, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
I agree, it sounds quite usual.

In other words, it sounds normal to you even Seagate's tech support in Ecuador or wherever they are say it's not?

Do you think they heard your recording, or are they merely responding to
your textual description?

Either way, it sounds like they are going out of their way to help you.
Based on what I heard, I would simply continue to use the drive. Use a
SMART monitor to check various drive health parameters, but you should
probably be doing that anyway, for all of your drives. I use Hard Disk
Sentinel, but there are many others, some free, some not.