Old December 5th 13, 10:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
tb

Default Inter Processor For DQ965GF Motherboard

On 12/5/2013 at 3:11:48 PM VanguardLH wrote:

So what happened to the old CPU that was in this old motherboard? If
the old one fried, and if not because the thermal paste was forgotten
or was poor grade and dried out so the CPU overheated or because the
CPU fan stopped spinning, how do you know a new CPU won't also fry?
Since this is an "old" mobo (which hints it's been sitting around for
a long time unused), why wasn't there ever a CPU in it?

This colleague at work gave me the motherboard for free but does not
know what happened to the CPU...

I figured that since I need one (used, if available), I might as well
get the fastest possible.

--
tb