Old September 15th 18, 04:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Intel's "9th gen" CPUs

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 22:53:20 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

Please note that most users are happy with dual-core CPUs! Not everyone
needs that much performance.... and that's exactly why those CPUs would
become more and more expensive!

Intel: If you have to ask how much then you probably shouldn't.
Effectively, seriously, I've never owned Intel for all of computing.

I now have eight cores in a CPU from AMD. I bought the AMD octal
retail boxed and new. It is now like, both that either1) I have
sixteen cores (quads are still up and running), or, 2) I can have all
eight cores on a single chip.

AMD FX-8320E Vishera 8-Core 3.2GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket

If you ask me what I paid for the 8320E, that would be much less, by a
lot, than the Ryzen platform. How much do you think one core, of the
Vishnu's eight cores, should cost? ...Under $10/US?

The Vishnu octal, my first new CPU, took me...probably, 10 years,
which is everything and before the octal, listed below, which I bought
-- all being pulled from used systems:

INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q8200 SLG9S 2.33GHZ 4MB CACHE 1333MHZ DESKTOP CPU
PROCESSOR
Qty: 1
$24.99
*
USPS First Class Package FREE

INTEL CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR E6850 3GHz/4M/1333MHz SLA9U CPU
Qty: 1
tot 12.79

AMD Phenom X4 9550
2.2 GHz Quad-Core HD9550WCJ4BGH CPU Processor
Qty: 1
$29.99
Choose a shipping service FREE