Old August 26th 15, 09:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Default HP 8250 keeps resettng to Landscape

From: "Mort"

Hi,

I am suddenly having a problem with my HP 8250 inkjet printer, which
although old, still makes beautiful color prints.

Recently, it keeps on resetting itself to landscape, even though I
set everything to portrait.

Is there something that I am missing? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

I am running an HP laptop with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

Thanks.

Mort Linder

How to print is a function of the print Driver and the Print Job.

The defaults for a given Printere are set in Devices and Printers.
Most applications inherit the default settings for a given printer but
are overriden in a Print Job.

Therefore start with the default settings for the HP 8250 and then work
your way back to the application which you are trying to render a Print
Job with.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. The default printer is already set to portrait.
This morning, after a week of printing out landscape mode, the printer
is suddenly behaving and printing in portrait mode again, even though I
have not made any additional changes in the settings. I can curse the
printer in several languages, but it does not help.

Mort