Old March 1st 08, 02:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Paul

Default Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

bob johnson wrote:
Hi Guys

I have this same MB and 4GB of this ram:

http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16820231098

Vista is giving me a 4.8 rating (lowest one) and I wondered if my bios
settings are set wrong?

I'm running a C2D 4500 2.4@ 2.9 mhz on "auto voltage" (OC setting) or
similiar.

all my friends w/the same ram on Asus MB's are getting a rating of 5.7/5.8.

thx

bob

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Use that, as it will tell you how the BIOS set up the processor and RAM.
Once you see what's up, manual settings can be used to put things right.

Paul

"bornfree" wrote in message
On 28 Feb, 12:27, Unknown wrote:

I called the vendor tech support and discussed the situation. He
looked up the order and they had installed DDR2 533 memory. The board
supports DDR2 667, 800, & 1066.

I currently have DDR2 800 installed. Will going up to 1066 make a
noticeable difference to performance?

My CPU is an Intel E6300 OC'd to 2.8Ghz. My HDD is a 500GB Samsung
7,200RPM SATA.