Old May 16th 05, 04:52 PM
Peter da Silva

In article ,
flux wrote:
usage. Seems to me that "High Duty Cycle" would be something a Tivo. But
even ATA drives in Tivos seem to work great. I guess they must not be
using Seagate drives.

I suspect that a drive in a Tivo would have a pretty atypical access
pattern, assuming they take advantage of the fact that they're almost
always streaming data into or out of the disk. Which I would bloody well
hope they would do. This should mean massively less seeking than just
about any server workload.

--
I've seen things you people can't imagine. Chimneysweeps on fire over the roofs
of London. I've watched kite-strings glitter in the sun at Hyde Park Gate. All