Old November 3rd 04, 05:55 PM
gotcha

You might be able to get a restore cd from http://www.ambry.com. They
usually carry all of them.

"Kevin Childers" wrote in message ...
"Lars Lumberti" wrote in message

"Kevin Childers" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
"Lars Lumberti" wrote in message
Hello,

my PC will not boot.

It seemed to be that the CMOS can not be loaded, so the LED on the

keyboard
is flashing.

I have deleted the CMOS and have changed the battery, but nothing
changed.
Also the light of the floppy drive is not flashing, so I can not load

an
ROM
with an floppy..

any idea ??

thanks...

Lars

Deleted or reset? The former is catastrophic, while the later is
standard procedure for some problems. If you have an older Compaq with
the
BIOS info stored in a non-DOS partition on the hard drive, you will need
download the correct BIOS data to a floppy and boot from it to restore
your
PC. If you lost the partition due to a hard drive error/bad sectors,

you
may need to replace the hard drive. Please read the COMPAQ FAQ below

for
more info and links to the appropriate websites.

Hello,

thanks for the information...

the BIOS is not on the hard disk, I have used an non-Compaq hard disk

since
a long time;
I have reset the BIOS...

I have an floppy with the correct BIOS, but the PC did not use the floppy,
the PC died before, so the problem must happend before.

The documentation tells me there is an Fail-Safe Boot Block what will be
used if the ROM information are not OK, so I think there is an problem

with
this information or the whole area is for some reason defect, might be the
CMOS memory is defect or something like this

Any idea how to measure this, schematics avaiable for the motherboard ?

Lars

Try this link for the latest updates:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...te/20_127.html

If that doesn't help, check the Compaq FAQ posted here and/or see uf one
of the other posters can give you some more indepth help.

KC