Old July 12th 03, 09:24 PM
Rick Dancer

Default installing w98 software on xp

I've had no problem installing and running w98 sw (except, as you note,
things like Norton). Be carefull if you mix and match though, such as MS
Office software. I had a problem with accessing clipart from MS Publisher
after installing ms Powerpoint 97. I don't know if it had anything to do
with W98 vs XP though.
"Jim" wrote in message
I've just bought a new pc, running windows xp. Can I do any harm by trying
to install some of my old w98 software? I've already done a search on the
group past postings which convinces me there's no point in trying to

install
Norton Systemworks 2000, but I have a lot of other w98 which I would like

still use.

Jim