Old February 24th 04, 07:46 AM
no spam

On the 'Boot' menu in the latest bios of the P4C800-E, the 'Boot Device
Priority' menu does not list SCSI as an option.

Shane

"no spam" wrote in message
u...
I don't think XP is the problem. This all happens at the boot up before

any
OS is installed. The Adaptec's SCSISelect seems to identify the 2940UW
and the two optical drives and also lists there SCSI IDs etc. However, at
the end of the scrolling, something like this appears:

"The boot sections on your bootable CD-ROM a
0: Default Entry
No SCSI Boot Device Found
BIOS Not installed."

I have also tried another SCSI UW card (IWill with an Advansys chipset).

Any further help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shane

"M.L" wrote in message
Do you have XP ?

I had problems with a 2940 and XP (working fine on millenium)

Was solved by using a Tekram 395 with the chip flashable (worked only

after flashing)

Mike

"No Spam" a écrit dans le message de news:

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem trying to boot from my SCSI optical drives

(1
DVDRom and 1 X CDRW drive). I recently purchased a P4C800-E board.

On
it,
I have installed one 80gig Ultra ATA drive and one 120gig SATA drive.

have also installed an Adaptec AHA-2940UW SCSI card for the

aforementioned
optical drives.

I am trying to install WinXP by booting from the SCSI DVDRom drive.

In
the
motherboard's bios there does not appear to be an option to boot from

SCSI
devices. In the SCSI card's bios, I have left most of the settings at

the
default except for the SCSI ID target setting of the DVDRom (ID2).

During
the boot process, the SCSI card is recognised as well as the attached
devices, however,at the end of the scroll a message appears that says

that
there SCSI bios is not installed!

I've checked terminatiob settings on the last device on the SCSI cable

and
also ensured that the termination on the card is enabled. I have also
checked that the card's bios is enabled on the card. I am thinking

that
the
problem is in the P4C800-E's bios but I am at a loss to find the

cause.

Anyone got some suggestions?

Thankyou,

Shane