Old July 15th 07, 09:20 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
Willard Sandilands

Default UPS with a " I don't want it to beep when lose power' option

For APC models that have USB ports, the "silence" programming is in the
UPS. If you connect it to a PC and tell it to be silent, it will remain
silent thereafter whether connected to the PC or not, at least as long
as there isn't a total loss of all power to the UPS (e.g. battery
becomes completely discharged).

- Bobb - wrote:
Rank,

Do you know ...
If I hook each up to my PC, then program it , will those settings work
WITHOUT a PC ? Or is it their software that controls it ( with a PC) via
the external cable ? Would you know: if I program it - after the
batteries discharge will it 'remember' or need to reprogram it each time ?
I couldn't find that answer at apc.com
I'll check their site again, but I remember scrolling thru their
Knowledge Base until I was seeing W98/NT issues - pre my models and
found no info on 'ALARM'

Thanks