Old July 30th 04, 03:59 AM
Tyler

Default Presario 5352 freezes when a DVD is inserted.

Hi, a friend of mine installed/uninstalled a Dazzle flash card reader in his
Presario a while back, and ever since, the DVD drive won't play DVDs. No clue
if the two things have anything to do with each other.

Audio CDs play fine in the drive, data cds work, but the DVDs go to a black
screen and even ctrl+alt+del doesn't bring it back.

I'm thinking a shared file might have gotten deleted, but being I'm not right
there to see, I'm at a loss.

He's got Win98, 800x600x24-bit, using Compaq's CDVDPLAY.exe to run the dvds, but
the interactual player from one of the DVDs had the same problem. Apparently
the data portion of the DVD ran, but the menus and movie won't come up.

Thanks for any help,
TC