Old November 7th 05, 04:39 PM
Mark

Default Presario 2100 broken power connector -R3240US

gork wrote:
Hi
I have the same problem but with an Presario R3240US.
The problem is that i can't take it appart - I got to the step where i
remove the fans and on the back side, but i can't figure out how to
remove the mainboard - its not ****ible to remove the keyboard...

Thanks

Typically, one would remove the keyboard earlier in the process. Is the
step you are referring to from the Compaq service literature? If not,
take a look at-
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00212209.pdf
It's tough to find (or remember!) all of the screws here and there
without a map of some kind. (Thus, the apparent typo in you messge on
what's "possible" is more likely a Freudean slip... but I agree with
you!) I'm not familiar with your model so I can't offer any hot
"tips" other that to look at section 5.10 of the manual for some
insight. It says it's for the "R3000 Notebook PC Series", so
that's what I'd look at myself. Good luck!