Old November 23rd 15, 08:28 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Justin[_14_]

Default Error copying file with UDF on Windows 7

I have a 16GB USB3 jump drive and I get the following error when
copying files off the drive. "The file name you specified is not valid
or too long. Specify a different file name"

Obviously the file name is not too long. I tried this with the same
drive formatted to version 2.01 and the newest 2.60.

I know about exFAT, but I have the need for cross platform copying -
including Linux; which doesn't support exFAT very well thanks to
Microsoft's bull**** licensing. I know about network shares, yadda
yadda, but I want to know if UDF is correctly implemented in Windows 7.
It works fine on OS X, both read and write.

--
x2w7ipoprfkuvswz
BM-2cTJKPDb8pmp6UKJLrZdhB7SojBJrBzznT