Old October 18th 07, 07:48 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default inkjet refills

On Oct 17, 5:51 pm, Al Bundy wrote:
wrote:
I have refilled various inkjet cartridges(HP, Lexmark) to varying
degrees of success. After I reinsert the cartridge, I always get the
low ink message when I try to print. Has anyone figured out how to
reset the printer so it reads the new ink levels?

You're not trying very much to help yourself out. Some answers have
been around for years. Google has answers. This group's archives have
answers. The refill sites have answers. Experimenting would reveal
answers.
Depending on the cart #, there are ways to tape off certain contacts
on the cart and have the printer initialize it as a new cart. Also,
cycling multiple carts in and out will cause the printer to recognize
the next cart in as new. What to do depends on what you have and it
might not work on some newer models.

I have searched the google groups and the refill sites and found very
little information that I could use. As for experimentation, the
number of combination and permutations is quite large. I counted 27
contacts on the printhead. As for cycling different print cartridges,
I don't have any. I am refilling to save money and help save the
evironment at the same time. So I don't have any spare cartridges
lying around. The cartridges cost almost as much as the printer. The
printers in question are the Lexmark X5470 and the HP 3320. They both
give me the annoying message after refilling. Any info you can give
me would be greatly appreciated.