Old October 19th 10, 04:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Drivers for SoundBlaster X-FI XtremeMusic. (D)w/Dolby Digital 5.1, 64-Bit Win 7 drivers

"William R. Walsh" writes:

Hi!

Do you think the creative drivers would actually work?

Of course I do. The only difference that card is likely to have from a
retail version--and this is speculative--is a special front panel
audio connector. (I say "speculative" because I haven't seen any
really new Dell products with upgraded sound cards, so I don't know
how they are doing it today.)

You may also find that you get some added features that Dell didn't
wish to enable or support with your card.

I'm not sure why disabling a service would reduce the audio quality,
unless that service is upsampling/upconverting all audio to a higher
bit rate or something. What is the service called?

It is CTAudSvc.exe.

I got some Creative drivers (I finally found out what Creative calls
this card) and they work well. The new CTAudSvc takes up 1/12th of
a CPU rather than half, so it is a significant improvement.

I must say that Dell and Creative did not do well here. Both pointed
to the other as the supporter of the card.

Thanks,
ah

William

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)