Old October 16th 10, 12:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Drivers for SoundBlaster X-FI XtremeMusic. (D)w/Dolby Digital 5.1, 64-Bit Win 7 drivers

I got the above card in my new Dell.

I am having trouble with a service the driver uses taking up
CPU time (about half of a core) even when no sound is being
played. I can turn off the service, but the sound quality goes
down a bit (at least to my ear).

Dell has no drivers for this card and OS on their download
site.

Creative tells me their drivers will probably not work on
the Dell version, and besides, the photo they have of the
XtremeMusic has different connectors (mine has five analog
pin inputs, and two optical (one in, one out).

Do you think the creative drivers would actually work?

I have always switched right away to the nVidia or ATI drivers
when I get a new machine.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)