Old July 22nd 08, 12:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

Default Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(only dao)

As is Deirdre Straughan.

http://hardware.mcse.ms/message208363.html

DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:45:15 -0700, smh wrote:

(Cross-posted)

. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

DaveJohnson12 wrote:

I'm trying to burn a Multisession DVD-R (data disc).

On the Compilation Properties screen - Multisession Tab
I clicked on the Start Multisession disc button. On the Burn tab,
the Write Method is grayed out and it says Disc-at-once.

Shouldn't this be set to Track at Once for a Multisession disc or
is that only for CDRs?

That's the way multisession is written on DVD. If you look up the manual
for your burner, the write methods of CD and DVD are different.
Complicating further DVD "-" and "+" write methods are different. For
example, DAO is a write method of DVD "-", but not of DVD "+". Either
DVD format lists TAO as write method. Also, DVD "-" says multi-Border
while DVD "+" says multi-Session.

Interesting. I was not able to locate a manual for my burner probably because
the burner was made for companies like Dell and isn't a retail burner. I'll have to find a source of
information about DVD burning. Thank you.

(DVD_RW multisession discs are different to DVD_R multi-session discs.
RW discs have the lead-out erased (unfinalised) when new data is added
so they remain single session -- but burn sofwares recognize burned
sessions.)

(Win 98/ME can see only the first session of multisession DVD_R.)
'

For laughs:

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(only dao)

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 6/30/04

The ONLY supported DVD-ROM format
I have seen is DAO. === Only See DAO

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 8/10/04

DVD-ROM is normally and I believe exclusively
written DAO, hence only single-session. === Multi NO
=======================

Wow! No multisession on DVD !!!

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

Using my technical prowess and computer abilities to answer questions beyond the realm of
understandability