Old October 24th 07, 09:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Revanant[_2_]

Default fx55 O/Cing

Augustus you scribbled in [alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd]
on Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:39:35 GMT
HFsRi.35076$%B2.23649@edtnps82
*
I had all sorts of problems trying to oc my Ath64 4000+ (2.4GHz) until I
added some a fan thing to cool down the RAM. Now runs a treat at 2.8 Ghz
(12x233) using 4x512mb Ballistix ram at 2.5-2-2-2-6 2T - all at standard
voltage.

Glennbo

They're all different in some ways. My SanDiego A64 4000+ does 2.8 stably
but the temps are a bit higher for long term longevity than I prefer. I run
it 2.7 Ghz 24/7 (12x225) with a Zalman 7700 and no overvolting with just
generic PC3200 and it's never given issues. YMMV

Same here, I run a SanDiego A64 4000 and use a Lanparty NF4 SLi DR with
2 gigs of pc3200 at 2.7. I like the way it runs at this speed. If I
need the speed I can always push it but why mess with stability and
longevity? I did slightly up the voltage on the cpu and it seems more
stable at 2.7 and 2.8. The Lanparty boards are more particular because
they were made to overclock and tweak.

As I look into the future of quad cores, I will be sticking with my
Lanparty and the A64 4000 and put in a X2 later on until the quads come
down in prices and all the quirks smoothed out of the boards/cpu's.
Probably looking at 1 or 1 1/2 years before I change. Quad core is the
way it's going, so I'm looking forward to the innovation. I'm
considering getting an X2 now with a spare A64 4000 just in case I fry a
cpu.