Old October 16th 07, 05:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Robin Gordon

Default fx55 O/Cing

I had an Opteron 144 overclocked to 2.5GHz (4x DDR sticks, 2.6GHz with 2
sticks) so I checked out a few upgrade options to improve my 939 system.
The Opteron was so easy once I figured out how to manipulate the Gigabyte
Triton K8N - SLi mobo. Some software suggested that my HD2900XT would be
better suited to a 2.8GHz CPU so I thought that an FX55 O/C'd to 2.8 or 3GHz
should be no problem.
No matter what I do with this the bloody thing just crashes out with a BSOD.
I've just lost my Vista64 Harddrive and I remeber that it wont repair it
just reinstalls the OS.
Upping the CPU voltage doesnt work, the ratio, FSB and all seem to be
equally lost when I try to unlock the potential of this CPU.
Where am I going wrong?

Robin

FX55, Gigabyte K8n-SLI, Arctic cooling 64 freezer Pro, HIS HD2900XT (512MB)
and four sticks of Kingston DDR400