Old October 13th 03, 04:10 AM
Othello

Default Control Panel failed to load on Radeon 7000 Win98SE

I am having a problem with my Radeon 7000 drivers.

When I try to install the Catalyst drivers for my
Radeon 7000 video card, the drivers load fine but after rebooting
my computer I get a message...

Control Panel failed to load because the Radeon drivers have not loaded
or are not working properly.

No version of Catalyst control panel works.

I am runnning Windows 98SE
Tried Catalyst 7_83, 7_91 and the original files on the CD which also
choked. All versions of the drivers work but none of the Control Panels.
Need the control panel to tweak the 3D settings.

ATI web site offers no assistance and I always do a completely clean install with ever new driver version.
Any help would be appreciated.

Othello