Old February 26th 08, 04:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mike Walsh[_2_]

Default New Questions About My New SATA DVD Birner

gecko wrote:

As I indicated in my earlier posts, I mistakenly bought a SATA DVD
burner drive instead of a PATA drive. Anyway, I had to buy some
cables to hook it up. It is now working.

But I now have two more questions:

1) At the beginning of boot I see a new message I never saw before -
Press TAB key into user window.
I ignored it and there seemed to be no effect.
I tried the tab key and nothing happened - it was if I ignored
it.
So, I am wondering what this is all about.

2) I am surprised to see there is no connection to connect my
speakers (via mobo) up to the drive. Big surprise. To me
anyway.

You are thinking of the analog cable that used to go from the CD drive to the sound card.

So, I am wondering how the sound is conveyed to my speakers.
Through the SATA connection to the mobo I would guess.

That is correct. In device manager check "Enable digital CD audio"

--
Mike Walsh