Old February 26th 08, 04:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
gecko

Default New Questions About My New SATA DVD Birner

As I indicated in my earlier posts, I mistakenly bought a SATA DVD
burner drive instead of a PATA drive. Anyway, I had to buy some
cables to hook it up. It is now working.

But I now have two more questions:

1) At the beginning of boot I see a new message I never saw before -
Press TAB key into user window.
I ignored it and there seemed to be no effect.
I tried the tab key and nothing happened - it was if I ignored
it.
So, I am wondering what this is all about.

2) I am surprised to see there is no connection to connect my
speakers (via mobo) up to the drive. Big surprise. To me
anyway.
So, I am wondering how the sound is conveyed to my speakers.
Through the SATA connection to the mobo I would guess.

Thanks

Gecko