Old December 1st 17, 07:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

Default Case issue

On Fri, 01 Dec 2017 13:04:59 -0500, Nil wrote:

| On 01 Dec 2017, Larc wrote in
| alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:
|
| I got this case and am happy with it. 2 external bays that will
| accommodate CD/DVD drives. No side window. I did buy an extra
| fan for the front.
|
| https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16811129199
|
| That looks pretty good. It's on my list of possibilities. Thank you.
|
| The window isn't something I want, either. The case I got is available
| with or without the window, and I originally had the windowless one in
| my on-line shopping cart. I really don't need to see blinking lights
| and whirling fans. But *JUST* as I was checking out, the price suddenly
| jumped up more than $20! Bad timing! So I went back and bought the one
| with the window, thinking I could cover it up if the light inside
| became annoying.

YW! I notice the case description makes it sound as if it comes with a 120mm fan in
the back and another at the top. That may be an error. Mine came with a front and
rear fan, with options for another in the front (which I added) and a 120 or 140mm at
the top (I kept that closed). There's a readily removable fan screen in front and
another in the bottom for the PSU fan. I clean the front screen every couple of
months, but have never needed to clean the bottom one. If my PSU fan has ever run or
needed to, I wasn't aware of it.

Larc