Old December 1st 17, 06:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
NIl

Default Case issue

On 01 Dec 2017, Paul wrote in
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:

I think I'd just return the case, and get
a case I really want.

You're right, that's the best solution. This is not the case for me and
I would regret keeping it.

It was just such a shock that, not only did the case not have any
front-accesible bays, but that they don't find that fact important
enough to mention it in the ad. And I see many others like it. I guess
I had an inkling that optical and other removable drives are so
populare any more but I didn't realize that they had dropped that far
off the radar.

You can "make" your own optical drive, by buying
a 5.25" enclosure and putting a 5.25" full tray drive
in it.

That was my thought yesterday, but it seems like too much trouble. And
I use an optical drive daily and I'd rather not have that extra box
cluttering up the place.

If you buy pre-packaged "slim" drives, there's
a good chance you'll be throwing out the thing
if it fails.

WHEN it fails! Plus the slim drives are significantly slower.