Old May 30th 04, 08:53 PM
SonicClub

Well...this is very interesting. My theory was correct, the folders names
are also format numbers, you see, this one I found on a site worked one
time, but next time I tried, it didn't, let me explain what was going
wrong. In order for the format number to work, the restore CD and floppy
both must be present in the drives, but in order for THAT to work, CD-ROM
drivers must be installed, so that the CD drive can be accessed. If the
restore floppy detects the CD then I guess it then has a database of the
format numbers or something, but before I guess what was going wrong is
somehow the CD drive wasn't being detected, so then anything I entered
would be invalid. There you have it, I just solved my own problem, stupid
me, huh? lol. Sorry for putting you guys through the trouble, but I am
sure I would never have figured it out of my own if it wasn't for your
guys's suggestions. And "Rock On", when you told me to check out that
folder, that then got me to explore the other folders and see that a
format number I had tried at one time worked, then didn't work, but then I
saw that the files and folders of some items were named after a format
number..very interesting. Good news is it can be installed on another PC
if I need to, I just have to do some configuration editing so then I can
get into windows and install a different sound and video driver, hah. I
will keep experimenting with the restore CD's and let you know if this
issue has fully been resolved, it appears to have been resolved so far,
but you never know when something could go wrong and I would need help
again, Anyway, thanks guys, and if you have any questions or anything to
say, go ahead and post. I may be posting again too if I have any problems
or questions. At this moment I am using a problem called Virtual PC to
experiment with the restore CD, it allows you to virtally run an operating
system within a window in the main operating system, so I could be running
my standard XP operating system with the original DOS, Windows 3.11,
Windows 95, Windows 98, and so on. It needs a powerful PC to work very
good though I think, luckily I got that. My original PC is currently not
in this location though so I am un-aware of when I will get to test it on
the real thing.