Old February 8th 07, 02:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
FKS

Default Is it possible to build a silent computer, without fans at all? What case should I buy?

"k" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 7, 12:08 am, "FKS" wrote:
"k" wrote in message

oups.com... Hello!
Is it possible to build a silent computer, without fans at all? What
case should I buy?
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892

You can build a silent PC with fans. My core 2 duo system has 6 fans - 1
cpu, 1 PSU, 1 graphic card and 3 case fans. I don't hear any noise from
it
although it's just one feet away from me (I'm ultra sensitive to noise,
BTW). I use only Zalman and Silenx fans. Also, keep in mind that hard
drives
can generate lots of noise, too. I only use Seagate HDDs. I find them
ultra
quiet.

Thanks FKS for your reply!
Is the Seagate HDD quieter than a Samsung 2514 250gb HDD?

I don't see how other HDDs can be quieter than Seagate HDDs. Let's see...I
own 9 Seagate HDDs now: 3 x SATA 160GB, 3 x IDE 160GB & 3 x IDE 80GB. All of
them are ultra quiet. Can't hear a thing unless I glue my ear to them.