Old February 2nd 07, 10:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Skybuck Flying

Default Pentium III video card recommendation needed

wrote in message
ups.com...
The TNT2 does not have T&L.

Good point; thanks for that.

I upgraded my old PIII with an FX 5200.

Just out of curiousity, how did you find that it performed when
coupled with an older processor? And how fast is/was your PIII?

PIII was 450 mhz overclocked to 600 mhz with special majesty cooler.

FX 5200 probably performed more or less the same as TNT2 but with T&L
support ofcourse.

Or maybe both video cards were hold back by the PIII

I played call of duty on that system... and it was playable.

I even finished doom3 and doom3 evil resurrected on it... but only at a few
fps.

I also played a bit of halo on it... and starwars empire at war... but for
mp the system got to slow.

And finished half life 2 on it...

If you really wanna play the latest games you ll definetly need a new pc

The best thing about my new pc is the speed in general ofcourse...
especially the load times and harddisk speed is great... the ammount of ram
probably also has to do something with it... more disk cache

I mainly bought the fx 5200 as replacement for tnt2 - i broke it's fan
while cleaning it

The fx5200 was fanless though - nice... definetly good investment for older
computers to keep them running.

Bye,
Skybuck.