Old February 1st 07, 12:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Default Hard drive performance - how to measure

Scott wrote:

Hi, I'm working on a new computer that I will mainly use for
personal stuff, but I'll also be doing some database work that
requires high storage performance.

I too would recommend 10,000 rpm drives if they're big enough. I
love my Raptor, small but fast.

My system is based on the EVGA 680i motherboard, and I have 4 SATA
2 drives that I can configure as either RAID5 or RAID0+1.

In order to decide which offers the best price / performance ratio
- what types of benchmarks are available to measure driver
performance?

Thanks in advance!
Scott