Old February 1st 07, 12:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

Default Hard drive performance - how to measure

Scott wrote

Hi, I'm working on a new computer that I will mainly use
for personal stuff, but I'll also be doing some database
work that requires high storage performance.

It shouldnt if its properly designed.

Wrong if you're working on star schema dimensional models, where I
need to touch hundreds of thousands to millions of records to satisfy
a query, instead of just touching a few at a time like an OLTP system.

Utterly mangled.

In order to decide which offers the best price / performance ratio -
what types of benchmarks are available to measure driver performance?

What matters much more is the database performance.

Obviously. If I had all the free time in the world, I could test
everything thoroughly and come up with the 100% best solution.
Since I do not have all the free time in the world, I came to
this group for some helpful advice.

Since you are either unwilling or unable to provide
that, why exactly did you respond to my post?

To rub your stupid pig ignorant nose in the basics, child.