Old January 31st 07, 09:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

Default Hard drive performance - how to measure

Scott wrote:

Hi, I'm working on a new computer that I will mainly use
for personal stuff, but I'll also be doing some database
work that requires high storage performance.

It shouldnt if its properly designed.

My system is based on the EVGA 680i motherboard, and I have
4 SATA 2 drives that I can configure as either RAID5 or RAID0+1.

In order to decide which offers the best price / performance ratio -
what types of benchmarks are available to measure driver performance?

What matters much more is the database performance.