Old January 30th 07, 06:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

Default Pentium III video card recommendation needed

AGP or PCI

as far as what card, you don't need to take a chance on used from EBAY, now
is the time to bargain up on old tech -new in the box for cheap.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

I'm upgrading an elderly PC with onboard video at the moment, and I
figure it could use a new video card, but my memory has failed me as
to the best video cards to use with a high-end P2 or low-end P3
system. Suggestions for decent PCI cards to pick up on eBay would be
much appreciated, without going overboard and getting something that
will be throttled by the slow processor. Does a TNT2 sound
reasonable, or will it benefit from something a little faster?

Many thanks,

Dave.