Old April 18th 13, 06:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Mike Perkins

Default Why are PC sales declining ? (Skybuck thoughts on it too)

On 18/04/2013 15:09, Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I was just on the Sega/Company of Heroes Beta feedback forum and I
wondered and thought this is a good question for usenet people !
:

Question is: why are PC sales declining ?:

1. Lack of demanding games ? (probably not) 2. Lack of good games ?
(maybe) 3. Windows 8 sucks ? (bad reason, can use windows 7 as
alternative) 4. Sick of overheat and associated problems ? (maybe...
I am surely sick of it ) 5. Mobile/phones/tablets (I dont believe
that... PC/laptop still better for many tasks... though some decline
is to be expected)

Me thinks: Perhaps 2 and 4 is cause of decline.

What are your thoughts on the decline ?

A decade ago, the rate of improvement in computing speed was such that
you had to buy a new PCs every year to keep up.

In the past few years I haven't seen quite the same change. One
consequence it is now worth investing in a good PC which might
realistically maintain its market position for a few years rather than
months!

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd