Old November 24th 03, 02:34 PM
Geronimo_work

Max Longman wrote:
"John" wrote in message
om...
Anybody know when you'll absolutely need a Directx 9 card to have any
fun with games? It seems that games like Halo and Max Payne 2 use
Directx 9 features sparingly, and therefore, it's no big deal if I
play them on my Directx 8.1 card (which is a GeForce 4 Ti 4200).

Are we talking 3-4 months maybe?

I'm just trying to get a handle on when to spend the bucks for an
upgrade.

That's easy, when your games are too slow to play.

what about 9500 (saphire) moded to 9700. i'm planning to buy this card this
week. is it going to be fast enough for some time, or HL2 and DoomIII will
require a faster one. is it a good card for 165$. thanks.