Old December 28th 03, 08:26 PM
Simon

Default Driver update for old graphics card

I have an old 32mb Nvidia geForce graphics card that was shipped with my
Dell back in early 2000. I wanted to update my drivers, so I went to
Control Panel - System - Device Manager tab - Display Adapters. It says
"NVIDIA GeForce 256." When I click on Properties, it says Harware version
016 and on the Driver tab it says Date - 07-16-2002. If I click on Update
Driver on this tab it has CD-Rom drive and Specify a location checked.
After choosing What I want to install? The updated driver, I click next
and it says location of driver C:\WINDOWS\INF\NVDEA.INF. After choosing
Next, an Insert Disk box pulls up that says Please insert the disk labeled
'NVIDIA Compatible Display Driver Disk 1', then click OK. This disk was not
sent to me, that I'm sure.

I thought I should go to the NVIDIA homepage and look. I went to the
Download Drivers section and chose Graphics Driver, GeForce and TNT2, and
then Windows 95/98/ME. It comes up with Forceware Version: 53.04. Is this
what I need? Or do I need to do some type of archive search for the latest
driver for MY graphics card? Let me know if there is any information need
to help answer this question. Any help appreciated for a newbie.